Old Pine....New Life!

Good day to you my bloggy friends! Sorry for my absence, it is a very busy time for me at the moment. I thought you may like to see something that I have been working on. I painted some old and new pine for a client, to give her Living/Dining Room a more cohesive look. You will need to have a little bit of vision as the photographs are not the best and the client has yet to decorate her walls and replace the carpet.

I used Farrow and Balls Skimming Stone on most of the furniture, the inside of the bookcase and corner cupboard and the chairs were painted with Elephant's Breath, a subtle shade deeper to add some contrast, without adding more colour. The client is papering her walls with a lovely linen look plain paper in a neutral colour, carpeting the floor in a donkey coloured plain carpet, and painting all the woodwork in Farrow and Balls All White eggshell. It is a little frustrating that I don't get to see the finished room, but I do have to return later to paint something else, so perhaps I will get a little snapshot then.

Painting old furniture is my favourite thing to paint. Because it has had a life and is cracked, dented and scored, it really suits being painted and then having an antique wash put on it to show up it's character lines. See what you think.......








Also as promised, some more photos from our Holiday in County Wicklow. Enniskerry is a really pretty village, full of the most gorgeous houses. The second one is actually a B&B! The last one, I just love so much, I want to replicate the Wisteria idea on the side of my own house.



And finally a little bit of colour from my own garden..........................................................................




I have never brought Geraniums into the house before, but I certainly will now, they last for a really long time and the Hot Pink colour of these I just adore. Wishing you all a very happy week, with love Linda x.

Nhận xét