Alternative Weddings






Weddings these days are such an extravagant affair. Nothing seems to be overlooked, every detail can be catered for. For example, the beautiful furniture in these images can be hired from www.taylorcreativeinc.com.
This weekend I went to 'The Alternative Wedding Fair' and was delighted to find some quirky and interesting
things on offer. Sadly I did not take photographs  as I was there to spy on my competition, and did not want to be noticed. I did however click these beautiful old V.W's on the way out, aren't they just the cutest wedding vehicles.

These beauties are to hire from www.starcarhire.co.uk
The whole fair was heavily slanted towards the 'Vintage' look. If you are planning on getting married, you could have your reception on a boat, in tepee's in a film theatre. You could have your refreshment's delivered via vintage caravan, complete with mis-matched vintage china. Or a very cute and dinky coffee van can arrive to serve your guests their macciato's or americano's, complete with the tiniest little cupcakes you have ever seen. You can have your hair and makeup styled after a 1940's movie star, or have an extravagant hat or fascinator made to order.
There were quite a lot of stallholders supplying 'sweet stations', these are instead of dessert or cake at the reception, an area designated totally to sweets. Or instead of floral centrepieces for the table, you could have  topiary style trees created out of your favourite sweets.



The photographs above are from Sasha's Sweets and Treat
www.sashassweets.co.uk
I think I prefer flowers personally, but a lot of young one's are not really into flowers, and I suppose these can be eaten!
I enjoyed my day out, and it was good for me to see what is available. I took this photograph of the side wall of 'The Garrick' pub on my way home.

I just could not resist popping into Avoca also and taking this rather bad shot of their lovely window display.

I also called into Cath Kidston, and picked up a new brochure. It was full of lovely full pages of her designs, so I put them to good use and made some 'merry mice' for the Christmas tree.(I heard some of you groan with displeasure there...sorry I always get a little giddy about Christmas at this time of year!)



Lois, my daughter wanted me to show you her own little 'merry mouse' or rather Hammy her hamster. She is a girl but we can't seem to stop calling her him! Isn't she so sweet?

Wishing you all a wonderful week, with love, Linda x

Nhận xét