Still Life








 There are some things in life that make your soul do a little leap for joy. Still Life paintings and Dutch Interior paintings do that to me. I love the way everyday life and things are somehow magnified to be noticed and seen for the first time, with new eyes. I love the design element to the still life paintings  how a group of related or sometimes unrelated items are grouped and arranged. The different textures of the linen, the fruit, the lead crystal and the pewter vying for attention, it really does please my eye.

The above images are from www.tate.org.uk and www.essentialvermeer.com.

What also pleases my eye are the many wonderful still life style photographs taken by clever bloggers and photographers. They may not be able to paint like Jan Vermeer but with digital technology and a bit of creative flair, they can certainly make my heart sing! I have put together some wonderful examples that I found on tumblr. See if you agree with me.


















 Just stunning aren't they! There are some very talented people in this blogland of ours. I am so grateful for the constant inspiration and joy that I find. I have been like a little squirrel hoarding and collecting and gathering my 'nuts' my nuggets of inspiration and beauty and ideas, and now is the time to start putting some of these ideas, projects and schemes into action. I plan to be busy over the coming months, decorating, cooking, crafting, making plans to move my business on. I will keep you posted. I know you are all busy with plans of your own. Have a great week, and a warm welcome to my new followers and my old ones too! Love Linda x











Nhận xét