I'm lost in a daydream.....

Image from Tumblr.
Today I just wanted to share some images that for one reason or another really excite, inspire or move me. I hope you like them too?

Image from Tumblr.

Image from Tumblr.
Image  from Pinterest.

Image from Pinterest.

Image from Pinterest.

Image from Tumblr.

Image from Tumblr .

Image from Tumblr.



Image from Tumblr.
Image from Pinterest.

Image from Pinterest.

Image from Pinterest.

Image from Tumblr.

Image from Tumblr.

Image from Tumblr.
Image from Pinterest.
Image from Pinterest.

Image from Pinterest.


Image from Tumblr.




Image from Tumblr.
Image from Pinterest.
Image from Pinterest.

Image from Tumblr.


Image from Tumblr.
I could imagine a lovely romantic story could be formulated around these images. And the...there are the ones that make you laugh...

Image from Tumblr.
Oh yes, and the ones that make you cry....

Image from Pinterest.
A warm welcome to my new followers, and a big thankyou to all who are so kind as to comment. To those who just like to look, ...hello, do please call again. I appreciate every last one of you. I wish you all a happy week, in which you may find a little time for daydreaming. Love Linda x

Image from Tumblr.


Whoops I nearly forgot, this is for Claudia, who asked for the recipe for the poached pears. I am afraid I don't know where I originally got it from, it has been on a hand-written note in my Dessert file for many's a long year!

LEMON POACHED PEARS WITH BLACKBERRY SAUCE.
4 ripe pears
1 lemon
300ml. dry white wine  (I often use red).
100g caster sugar
1 cinnamon stick (or I sometimes use star anise)
200g fresh blackberries.

  1. peel, core and slice pears. (It looks nicer if you leave them whole, but for children or elderly I slice them)
  2. take peel from lemon with zester.
  3. squeeze juice from lemon.
  4. place juice and zest in pan with wine, sugar and cinnamon stick (or star anise). bring gently to boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved, then increase heat and boil until thickened (about 5 mins.)
  5. add pears, cover and poach gently for 10 mins.
  6. remove pears to a bowl and cool.
  7. boil wine mixture until reduced and pour over blackberries and cool. (I tend to put blackberries in with pears and poach them too, but they do break down a bit).
  8. mix with pears, serve chilled in glass dishes and garnish with lemon peel.
  9. that's all folks!

Nhận xét