Watch out for the Witching Hour!

I made a Halloween wreath for the door using orange roses, chinese lanterns, crabapple, eucalyptus, hydrangea, and even some green tomatoes! The spiky bits around the edge, I don't know what it's called, but if you look up close, they look like little teeny weeny pumpkins. Unfortunately the weather is wet and windy and I thought this may get a little too battered outside, so I decided to use it as a table decoration.




 Sadly my husband won't be sharing Halloween with us, as he is taking care of his mum.So I decided that we would have a lovely meal this evening  instead and go mad with the table decorations!

I made Rioja-braised lambshanks with garlic and chorizo. Absolutely delicious, but not for the faint-hearted, the sauce contained 250ml. of Balsamic vinegar as well as the red wine. The recipe is by TV chef Lorraine Pascale and if you would like to check it out, here's the  link. We had Poached Pears with Blackberries for dessert, but everyone was too full to eat it! Oh well there's always breakfast!

I wish you all a Happy Halloween, with much love, Linda x. I am linking to Small But Charming, the lovely Jane for her 'Flowers in the House of Horror' post. If you like to nosey at what flowers people have in their homes, then this is the spot for you!

Nhận xét