Lucky Buggers!

 Dear readers, I hope you are not offended by the title of my post? Let me explain....my sister-in-law has some good friends who have a family motto 'aren't we lucky buggers!' When they sit down to a lovingly prepared meal they raise their glasses and proclaim how lucky they are. This has always amused me, and greatly appealed to me. I think the family that can be grateful for small mercies and simple pleasures, is a long way towards making the most of life, and surely that is what it is all about?

I feel very much the 'lucky bugger', in having just returned from a lovely relaxing week in Corfu. My husband saw the holiday on Trip Advisor. I normally feel the urge to get my oar in, to be quality controller, researcher and general pain in the ass. This time I decided I would trust my man and to take 'whatever' comes and be grateful for it. It paid off big time! This year I was able to relax from day one, which NEVER happens. We all enjoyed the relaxed manner of the Greek people, the beauty and authenticity of the island and great food at sensible prices. We loved where we stayed, which was small and family run, clean and very friendly. I think we may go back. I am back feeling refreshed and ready to go again.
A beautiful looking hotel or villa we spied whilst out walking.


A monastery with Mouse Island behind.

A very beautiful statue of Achilles.

Bouganvillea in a beautiful Monastery.

Stunning views after a slightly scary coach journey.

Paul enjoying a beer!


It's good to be back. I am looking forward to catching up with you all . With love, Linda xx


My favourite snapshot, Allium growing wild.



Nhận xét