Romance is not dead.

Mussenden Temple Northern Ireland.

I am so excited as I am doing the flowers for a wedding next week, to be held in the most romantic building, Mussenden Temple, perched on a clifftop overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, with views of Downhill Strand.
Built in the late 1700's by the Bishop of Derry as a summer library.

In 1996 engineers declared that it was in danger of falling into the sea and being lost forever. The National Trust took on the task of reinforcing it with iron rods to prevent further erosion.Due to damp and salty conditions the interior plaster work has all fallen off, leaving it very plain and simple.

The lovely couple who are to be married have spent many happy times here throughout their courtship, and were determined that this was the place to exchange their vows. It can be very blustery and wild, so I will be keeping my fingers crossed that they get a perfect day.

I shall do my very best to take as many photos as I can before the event, and hope that I will get a few of the bride and groom afterwards.

Hoping you all have a great weekend, love Linda x.

Nhận xét