A little posy...fit for a Queen?


I just couldn't wait to tell you this! A friend of mine was going to Hillsborough Castle for a Garden Party, to meet the Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip. She rang asking me was there any possibility I could do her a little posy, to present to the Queen. I had no car, very little time,...(think)... thank goodness for my garden and my mum's beautiful scented yellow roses, a colour we know the Queen is partial to.

 I added some lovely pale pink roses called Capitain John Ingram and a darker pink one called Zephrine Drouhin, sadly I do not know what variety my mum's rose is. I put a little bit of hydrangea in there, campanula for colour, and lavender, sage and jasmine for fragrance.

My friend did not know if she would be able to give them to the Queen or not, because of  security issues etc. Because I have been busy with a wedding I hadn't heard if she had managed to present them or not.
Joy of joys the Queen eventually got the posy and was heard to remark on the beautiful fragrance.

Well, I am cock a hoop, over the moon and so very chuffed, this has made my day!!!!

Nhận xét