Sweet old-fashioned violets.

I have been painting a corner cupboard for the shop, and was inspired by the way it looks to make it
very old-fashioned, by painting the inside with stripes and violets, to look like wallpaper and line the edge of the shelves with antique lace. I think it would look pretty in any room.

Sorry about the plug, I should have got rid of that!

The bottom doors on these cupboards are often very flat and featureless so I added a painted line and a vintage looking tin soap sign.

A little posy of mixed flowers from the garden, very fragrant with the lavender, sage and old fashioned roses.

The cupboard is painted using Autentico chalk paint in Lavender. I have taken to rubbing a little essential oil on the back of cupboards or underneath drawers on old pieces, as they often have a bit of an 'old furniture' smell, which I find offensive. I would love to have had some violet oil, but lavender worked quite nicely.

I am very pleased to have found a purple poppy for my garden, after lusting after it when I saw it on Pinterest, mine is actually more of a plum colour.


Wishing you all a wonderful Wednesday, with love, Linda x

Nhận xét