Promised pictures.

Bridesmaids bouquet made with individually wired cymbidium orchids.

My sister did not take as many photos at the Wedding Fair as I had thought, and so I took a few at home two days after, so the wired flowers are not as fresh as they were on the day. They have lasted surprisingly long though.

I painted some calico fabric with primer and then chalk paint, added some panelling and' Flowers on my Table' using a copper paint. I thought it would perhaps be an idea for weddings, to have a personalised backdrop for the photographs, maybe with initials, or words that mean something, even a scene or some love birds and scrolls. I think people were intrigued with this idea, but could not quite visualize it. I will have to work on it for next time. I did speak to someone who was also exhibiting at the fair, who decorates hotel rooms and marquees for events, she was particularly taken with it, so I will have to keep in touch with her.


I made up some signs and hand-painted them, these can be painted to order in any colour with any wording, again I needed more variety to get people thinking. For example they could say, Cocktails, or Powder Room, Love Birds or maybe Here Comes The Bride, the possibilities are endless.

Cringe, cringe! A picture of me (on the left) and my lovely sister Tracey. I hate having my picture taken as I never know what to do with myself and my sister just poses! We are sporting our flower jewellery. My other sister Lesley, managed to leave herself out of the limelight.

A little posy I managed to keep just for me.


My lovely Lois sporting a floral headdress, isn't she cute? The individually wired hyacinth florets are looking a little weary now.
A lovely thing about the venue was,  my stand was situated  right in view of my mum's 'Angel of Thanksgiving' sculpture, and it was as if she was with my sisters and I.

So, there we have it, I hope it matches with my previous description. Thank you my kind and lovely blogging friends for your most gracious welcomes and encouraging words, after a long absence, it is joyous!
                                                    Wishing you all a happy week, love Linda x

Nhận xét