I'm All Ablaze in a Heathery Haze

Wonderful hydrangea in my silvered vase.

Some scarves and a hair decoration.

image from here.

image from here. deliciously wrapped sugar cubes.

image from here. shades of purple

I made these butterflies from wire and antique lace after seeing a similar idea on Pinterest.

Ever since I painted my larder cupboard in  the kitchen a marvellous mauve shade, I have been having a fetish about all things lilac, heather, lavender, aubergine,purple etc.etc. I have even been dyeing things 'French Lavender'.

my larder cupboard.
Sunderland lustre saucer.

The Hydrangea from my garden is helping to satisfy my craving as the flowers are so multi-faceted and the colours continue to change after you pick them, I just love them!

 I wanted to paint something on the tiles behind my cooker, but what exactly should I paint. I finally decided on painting a quirky little house which I have on an old Sunderland pink lustre cup and saucer, and then added the word HOME. It adds a little bit of humour and some warmth for winter.


image from here.

image from here.

Here is a picture of the above hydrangea when it dried out, the colours changed completely!


Wishing you all a happy and harmonious week ahead, with love, Linda x



Nhận xét