Zest for life!

Welcome friends...............so sorry about the long break, I needed to get my zest back! (Gorgeous lemon wreath via Pinterest.

I hope you all had a wonderful summer. I find summer is a difficult time for me to blog, when my daughter is off school, I feel that I should spend my time with her. We have had a great time, going to the Zoo, visiting the beach, having family parties. My big brother was over from Canada with his wife and two children, so there has been much festivity!

I have been a little crafty too. I got several books from the library, and have been crocheting, kn itting, sewing and making jewellery. I always feel really inspired to make at this time of the year, when the seasons are changing, and thoughts turn from the garden  to making indoors cosy and inviting.




Lovely homely images from Pinterest to inspire you. Here are a few pictures of my craft projects.


 I crocheted some bunting for my sister, don't look too closely! Then I tried my hand at the crocheted roses, I was delighted with those and added two to a scarf I made for my daughter.
 My little dove makes a lovely model, don't you think? A knitted grey scarf, which I may make into a throw, or not, I'm not quite sure on that one!
 I thought this crocheted cross was such fun, in the book it was made with raffia, but mine is done with string. It isn't finished yet, but I couldn't resist letting you look at it.I haven't decided where it will go when it's done.
On Friday I had a wedding. I always get such a thrill when I go to the wholesalers to pick up the flowers and see how they look together. My bride Karina, wanted white flowers put together in a country style. Her bouquet was made up of roses, chrysanthemums, button chrysanthemums, veronica, lisianthus and soft ruscus. The bridesmaids were mini gerbera,chrysanthemums, tanacetum and ammi.



What a wonderful medium to work in, I do love it!

 The bride's bouquet.

 The five bridesmaid's little posies.
 A heart shaped wreath to be displayed near the cake and then to be used on the bride's grandmother's grave, as she sadly passed away, six weeks before the wedding.
 Alter flowers.
 
 Vintage pink bouquets, for the two mothers.
 Karina and Alex....a rather hastily taken photo, when they first came out of church.
 Oh dear I don't think any of the lovely bridesmaid's will thank me for this one!
Finally, the simple pew decorations. So, we are up to date, and I am much relieved to be back amongst the living in blogland. I look forward to coming and visiting you all and catching up. Have a  great week, with love, Linda x

Nhận xét