Simple Flowers

As far as I am concerned you can keep your formal flower arrangements, where flowers are carefully moulded into geometric shapes, and lots of rules and regulations apply. To me the simpler arrangements of a single flower variety or a posy freshly gathered from the garden win my heart.


I really love the current fashion for flowers in jam jars and mason jars it just takes me back to when I would pick daisies and weeds for my mum, and she would put them in a jam jar or eggcup, depending on how short the stems were, and make out that they were the most  glorious flowers she had ever seen.

Don't get me wrong though, there are amazing floral artists out there, doing incredible things with flowers that are to be wondered at, but when it comes to me and my home, give me a jug of garden flowers any day.

This is an art installation of 2000 Dandelions by German artist Regine Ramseier. Check out this  website to find out how it was done. It must be incredible when you are standing below it.

This is an amazing display of Anemones by Belgian artist Daniel Ost. For me though, it has to be something a little more modest.




 Even a single flower tucked under some string has impact.
Sometimes.....less is not more! What a ray of sunshine these sunflowers would bring to any space.

I need to say a belated thank you to the lovely Gill from Gillyflower. I won her Coronation giveaway, a pretty teatowel.  Not content to send just that, she sent chocolate, a beautifully made pincushion, crafted by her own fair hand, and a lovely vintage traycloth with drawn threadwork, all prettily wrapped and bound with string. It was all so lovely Gill, and just completeley made my day. A thousand blessings on your head!




Wishing you all a happy week ahead, with much love, Linda x. Images are my own or from here.

Nhận xét