Secret Garden

picture from Graphics Fairy
Vignette is a word that Bloggers seem to like, to describe a little still-life area in a room or on  a table. I rather like the word myself so I looked it up in the dictionary. Mine is quite old so it didn't refer at all to the modern meaning of it, but rather talked about art or decorative illustration on a page, and this bit appealed to me ' to make a vignette of, by softening away the edges'. I thought I would soften away the edges by making a little display under my stairs, on top of a chest of drawers with a 'secret garden' theme.

It is really a bit too wet and miserable to go out into the garden at the moment, so I thought a little display would keep me going until I can get out.





I have a lovely pop-up book of 'The Secret Garden', illustrated by the Artist and Muralist Graham Rust, the detail in it is superb and it is a joy to look at. The  magnetic calendar at the back was a present from a friend as was the little bird in the nest. If you take the bird out, there are tiny eggs inside. I usually keep this by the side of my bed, as it reminds me of my dear friend who just loves everything to do with nature. The paper fairy, you may have seen before, is from my fellow blogger Lynn at Sea Angels. Mr. O.K. made the birdhouse, which I love and it normally lives outside. The wreath of eucalyptus is left over from Christmas, as are the toadstools which I made from papier mache (and rather cunningly I thought, garlic stalks!!) So there it is, I hope you like it?

I am also planning to plant some tulips for inside, and I loved these ideas I saw for Terrariums.......





 Martha Stewart magazine has a tutorial on how to make a Terrarium here.


The above image is from Martha Stewart, all the rest, apart from my own are from Pinterest.



Wishing you all a happy and productive week. With love, Linda x.

Nhận xét