A Rosy Glow


My bathroom has recently had a slight makeover. I had previously painted the walls 'slate grey' and I loved the colour but when I made the roman blind (which was black) it did make the room quite dark.Mr.O.K. wasn't happy, he couldn't see to his ablutions properly! He doesn't usually complain about my paint choices, so I rather reluctantly set out to rectify it.

I remembered that I had a tin of 'Persian Rose' by Craig and Rose. Having previously had a bold colour on the walls I was quite confident that this colour would look well. However it was still a little nerve wrecking until the slate grey was totally obliterated.

I had some old Laura Ashley curtains belonging to my mum, that I was able to recycle into a blind and a cover for the side of the bath and the shower. The room feels several degrees warmer now, and everyone is happy. Oh, and it didn't cost any money, just a little time!




I even managed to fit in a drawing of our daughter, that was done by a street Artist in Monmartre. He really managed to catch the essence of her, even though he did it in ten minutes, and she didn't stop talking!

Some roses to go with my new bathroom. They have lasted extremely well, I have had them for 10 days.

 Whilst the sewing machine was out I made a plastic bag holder from a lovely old linen cloth that came from Parna.
Lastly, this is my attempt at a still-life style photograph, to show off my flowers for Jane's 'Flower's in the house party'.Visit Jane here if you would like to see some lovely flowers.
I saw a rainbow when I left my daughter to school this morning, and it has brightened up into a lovely sunny day. So I would like to wish you all a lovely rosy, sunny rainbowey day, love Linda x

Nhận xét