Vintage Christmas.


I have been having a little fun making corsages to adorn Christmas presents. It all came about when I bought a book called 'Homemade Gifts Vintage Style' by Sarah Moore. I had actually gone out to get a biscuit decorating book by 'The Biscuiteers',it was out of stock and so whilst looking around I found this rather lovely book.


The funny thing is, that Sarah Moore, the author of this book is also co-author of the Biscuiteers book.....small world. I decided that the corasges would look lovely on presents and would be quick and easy to make. The author said that once you start you will find it hard to stop, and she was right! They are simply varying sizes of fabric circles stitched together and then a safety pin sewn in the back. I was thrilled to be able to use up some linen and lace doilies that have been hanging around for years! Old bits of broken jewellery and buttons come in handy too!


For the children in the family, I added these little felt animals that I made last year.

Lots of dogs for my daughter!






Normally I have a colour scheme and theme with my Christmas wrapping. Last year it was brown paper hand stamped with words and doves and wrapped with string. This year it will be more ecclectic to tie in with the corsages.


To keep me entertained whilst making, I listened to Christmas music. I know it's a bit early, but the truth is, and I know it's a bit sad, but I absolutely love it. Every year I buy Starbucks new Christmas cd, because they are usually a quirky mix of various artists, and I just adore the artwork. This year though, the whole cd is by' Pink Martini', and I am not so sure about it, but it's early days, I only bought it today! Then there is the lovely Michael Buble, his cd is fab, I will have it worn out by Christmas!



This will be my next project from the book, a fabric wreath covered with kitschy bits and baubles, it sooo takes me back to my childhood! So sorry if I've been boring you with Christmas stuff too early, but I just love Christmas, and I am beginning to get in the festive spirit.

Thankyou all so very much for your most touching and heartfelt remarks on my last post, it meant the world to me! Have a wonderful weekend, love Linda x

Nhận xét