The Circle of Life

Image from Tumblr.
Wreaths, are one of my most favourite types of flower arrangements. They are so uplifting when you see them on someone's front door. I have never been to America on Thanksgiving weekend, but I know I would just love to see all those beautiful door wreaths.

This is my own image, I apolagize for the quality!
In Ireland, they tend to be only used at Christmas time, and usually they are either artificial or made from holly with a plastic decoration here and there. I would love to see people be a little more adventurous, and make their own. Depending on what you use, and the weather, they can sometimes last for quite a long time. I have known mine , made with fir, eucalyptus and roses last for a month, with perhaps only the odd rose needing replaced.


 I would love to see people have a different one for each different season. I do try to do that in my own home. When I drive or walk towards my home, it really gives me a little lift to see it there. I also love them as a table decoration, either on its own, or with a hurricane lamp or candle inside.



Above images from Pinterest.
A creepy one for Halloween from Martha Stewart.
A gorgeous simple wreath via Tumblr.









 It is the symbolism of the wreath that I love too. Some think that they are only connected with death and funerals, but they do actually represent, the 'circle of life', birth, marriage, death. I have been thinking about this recently as a friends mother died, and my youngest sister had a little baby girl.....life goes on, and so it should.
Little lamb viaTumblr.
Welcome to the new little one Florence Ellie, she's as cute as this little lamb!

Nhận xét